[News] Review of the Latest SWsoft Virtuozzo on Linux, Virtualisation as Linux Power Feature

  • Subject: [News] Review of the Latest SWsoft Virtuozzo on Linux, Virtualisation as Linux Power Feature
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 02:35:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SWsoft Virtuozzo for Linux 3

,----[ Quote ]
| This software may reallocate the resources to meet the changing loads. Unique
| VPSes can be designed to control end-of-year or end-of-month scenarios, or
| even other unusual or infrequent situations. Each one can then be preserved
| until needed, saving resources and time. But, all the servers should be
| running the same operating systems. The Linux host can only assist the
| virtual servers that run Linux. But this isn’t any problem for producing
| environments, where the requirement is to run systems that are stable, on
| various servers and control large volumes of traffic with several mixes and
| workloads. In such types of scenarios, Virtuozzo plays the job well.
`----

http://www.linuxsolutions.fr/?p=29

Cooking with Linux - Still Searching for the Ultimate Linux Distro?

,----[ Quote ]
| Why does a person install one Linux, then another, and then yet another?
| Because a person can, of course! Such is the nature of choice, and Linux
| gives you a choice . . . and what a selection.
|
| What distribution are you loading up today, François? MCNLive? Very nice, and
| compact, too. When you get a chance, you should copy it to your USB key. That
| way you can always carry a live Linux distribution with you. Quoi? You're not
| sure if this is the one. I see. Yesterday, you were running OpenSUSE 10.2,
| and the day before you installed both Debian Etch in the morning and Kubuntu
| Feisty in the afternoon. Last week, you managed Fedora Core 7, CentOS 5,
| Mandriva Corporate Desktop 4.0, Slackware Linux 12, and a half dozen others.
| Are you having trouble finding something you like? You like them all but you
| just can't choose, eh?
`----

http://www.marcelgagne.com/cwl092007.html

Fusion 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| If Linux is your cup of tea, you’ll find support for Red Hat, Ubuntu, SUSE,
| Mandrake, and more. You can also install Novell Netware, Solaris 9 or 10,
| FreeBSD, and MS-DOS systems. Even 64-bit releases of Windows and some
| families of Linux, such as Red Hat and SUSE Enterprise Linux, are supported.
`----

http://www.macworld.com/article/60236/2007/09/vmwarefusion.html

Related:

Is virtualization where Linux will top Windows…perhaps stealthily?

,----[ Quote ]
| If this scenario plays out, Linux will return to its roots as a stealth OS.
| IT managers brought Linux into IT shops through the proverbial back door to
| use for applications that didn’t need top-level approvals. While it moved up
| to a more visible position in data centers, Linux also infiltrated cell
| phones and numerous other devices without fanfare. Today, Linux appears to be
| a front-runner as ISVs’ top OS choice for virtual appliances. Perhaps even
| Microsoft’s resistance is futile.
`----

http://servervirtualization.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/07/31/is-virtualization-where-linux-will-top-windowsperhaps-stealthily/

The importance of open source in hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| Having a solid base on which to build will also help new innovations come to
| market, since those makers will only have to concentrate on what’s new. It
| will also enable new competitors to exist, since they won’t have to hold all
| the IP of their new designs.
|
| The open source hardware movement, in other words, has barely begun.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1294

Microsoft flip-flops on Vista virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6191787.html