[News] Compiz Fusion Team Introduces Wiimote+GNU/Linux Eye Candy

  • Subject: [News] Compiz Fusion Team Introduces Wiimote+GNU/Linux Eye Candy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:07:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Compiz Fusion and a WiiMote!

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is a video of our beloved Compiz Fusion being controlled by a WiiMote.
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/12/22/compiz-fusion-and-a-wiimote/

Meanwhile, Microsoft shows us Windows Vista Ultimate Edition with a wallpaper
that can display video. Wow! Not.

Related:

Episode III

,----[ Quote ]
| As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a no-talking
| episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins, and a few less known
| features of these three new(ish) plugins.
`----

http://fusioncast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-iii.html

Fear and Loathing in Cupertino

,----[ Quote ]
| It wasn't until later, giving the same presentation at Linux World that
| I'd missed giving at the Apple show, that I realized that Apple were
| scared of the SuSE Linux desktop I was using. They didn't want
| customers to see anything other than Apple-badged everything at
| their show. Especially if it was something better. They were
| scared of their customers even seeing a choice.
`----

http://www.tuxdeluxe.org/node/175

WiiMote with WDM / Ubuntu / Beryl / Candles

,----[ Quote ]
| Quick demo showing WiiMote running on Edgy with the WDM driver
| controlling the desktop cube.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALqduQfm09c

Rotating the compiz cube using a Wiimote

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blino.org/blog/mandriva/wiimote-compiz.html

,----[ Quote ]
| For the first time, you can hit your computer and get a meaningful
| response! Using Linux and the Hard Drive Active Protection System
| (HDAPS) kernel drivers, you can access the embedded accelerometers on
| Lenovo (formerly IBM) ThinkPads, then process the accelerometer data
| to read specific sequences of "knocking" events -- literally rapping on
| the laptop case with your knuckles -- and run commands based on those
| knocks. Double tap to lock the screen, and knock in your secret code
| to unlock. Tap the display lid once to move your mp3 player to the
| next track. The possibilities are endless.
`----

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-knockage.html?ca=dgr-btw01KnockBasedCommands

Christmas Wii-remote xmms hack

,----[ Quote ]
| Well I got this nice christmas present a Wii remote!
|
| But I don't own a Wii console. So I hacked away in edubuntu linux
| and got it to control my xmms mp3 player.
`----

http://walter.schreppers.com/

Linux Live CD is in development for the Wii

,----[ Quote ]
| WiiLi will be based off MandrivaONE, you can expect it to look like this...
`----

http://www.nwiizone.com/nintendo-wii/nwii/linux-live-cd-is-in-development-for-the-wii/

FlightGear + Wiimote

,----[ Quote ]