Re: [News] New Version of Perl is Out

Micoshaft Asstroturfer Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
Corporation:

> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:48:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Perl 5.10 now available
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Today the Perl Foundation announces the release of Perl 5.10, the first
>>| major upgrade to the wildly popular dynamic programming language in over
>>| give years.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl_5_10_now_available
>
> It's interesting to see what the Bugzilla folks think of Perl, since
> Bugzilla is written in it.

So a micoshaft corporation asstrotufer
don't understand what Perl is used for and spent
a lot of asstroturfing time on behalf of micoshaft to research
articles to support your outdated views?

> http://avatraxiom.livejournal.com/58084.html
>
> "However, Perl would not be my first choice for writing or maintaining a
> large project, such as Bugzilla. The same flexibility that makes Perl so
> powerful makes it very difficult to enforce code quality standards or to
> implement modern object-oriented designs."

Perl is just used as small scripts to glue together bits
of everything. Its extremely good at that.