Re: Antivirus protection worse than a year ago

____/ SW on Saturday 22 December 2007 05:56 : \____

> Richard Rasker wrote:
>>
>> Oh, but he's right, you know. Approximately half of all Windows
>> machines worldwide are infected with viruses and/or other malware.
>

> Half of 500,000,000 Windows machines?!?   Let's see some reliable stats to
> support your claim. Any large anti-virus provider will suffice.

Richard is wrong.

It's /over/ 50%.

Over 50% of corporate desktops infected with malware: IronPort

,----[ Quote ]
| The report also reveals that more than 50% of corporate desktops
| worldwide are infected with some type of spyware with the rate of
| infection as high as 70% in the United States. Trojans or malicious
| system monitors represented over 7% of the infections. Rootkits and
| trick loaders, which reinstall spyware and other obfuscation techniques,
| make remediation very difficult thus prevention is the key to stopping
| these threats.
`----

http://www.crn-india.com/breakingnews/stories/66870.html

The links has expired, but a mirror was available on the company's site the
last time I checked. That was last year when malware levels were actually
lower.

Other links and gurus agree with the above figures.

Live with it.

Or dump Windows.

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice
         run-level 2  2007-12-10 11:12                   last=