Re: [News] Apple Just As Bad as Microsoft?

__/ [ suckmysav ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 21:52 \__

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:00:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Is Apple the New Evil Empire?
>
> What do you mean by new?
>
> Apple are just as bad as Microsoft. Apple are quite happy to use open
> source software to build their products but when was the last time
> you saw Apple give something back in the form of say, releasing a port of
> itunes for Linux. Or perhaps QTVR?
>
> Whats that you say? They have never ported a product to Linux?
>
> And you can't say that it's because Linux doesn't have enough market share
> to justify the work involved, because last time I checked Linux had a
> bigger slice of the market than OSX.
>
> Now, I'm not stupid. I realise that they support OSX as means to
> maintaining the credibility of their own OS as that is the main driver
> for their primary business which is hardware sales, but the fact remains
> that apple is just as keen to see Linux fail as Microsoft is.
>
> They don't even give lip service to Linux in their support pages. They
> pretend that it doesn't even exist.
>
> They are worse than Microsoft in this respect.

Yes, I agree with what you say (and I learned many new things as well). Do
you happen to know if they contribute back to KHTML? I have never heard
about an open source project that gets patches from Apple. Even Oracle are
better in that respect (they have some kernel backflow).

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.
Mem:    514480k total,   410768k used,   103712k free,    28932k buffers