Re: Windows Vista - The Beginning of the End

__/ [ Freerdie ] on Saturday 10 February 2007 04:50 \__

> http://www.kitsimons.com/journal/windows-vista-the-beginning-of-the-end
>
>>When XP was released it was a resounding success. It was a vast
>>improvement over its predecessors on almost all counts and it was lapped
>>up by the public and media alike. The same cannot be said for Vista -
>>there isn't the same blind enthusiasm about this latest addition to the
>>Windows family.
>
> Thats because it is Window XP with a new GUI and some cheap bolted on
> security features that are yet proven to make the system more secure.
>
>>This makes me wonder - has Microsoft (specifically Windows) peaked? If XP
>>was the crest of the wave, is Vista the start of the journey down the
>>other side?
>
> Microsoft is a fat lazy greed company and it is catching up to them. The
> only improvements they continue to make is by way of purchasing others
> work.
>
>>So is this the beginning of the end? The start of the decline of Windows?
>>Only time will tell... but Vista has hardly had the reception we might
>>have anticipated.
>
>>Vista needed to be a resounding triumph. From where I'm sitting it looks
>>like it has fallen short. By some way.

Money talks louder than words and speculations.

Microsoft profit on slide

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,21109542%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
  8:00am  up 18 days  8:18,  6 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.20, 0.23