[News] When Anonymity and Torrents are Perceived as Criminal

Caught in the Network

,----[ Quote ]
| Nonetheless, my visitors made two requests: that I stop using Tor,
| and that I avoid covering it in class.
|
| [...]
|
| Paul Cesarini is an assistant professor of visual communication
| and technology education at Bowling Green State University.
`----

http://chronicle.com/temp/email2.php?id=zht45qPrsddjvvgfcjwWPjxhFwqxyfVX

Big Media DMCA Notices: Guilty until proven innocent

,----[ Quote ]
| At the end of the day, BayTSP (and probably other similar companies)
| are sending DMCA notices which claim that they detected a user
| uploading and downloading copyrighted files. This is a lie. They
| didn't catch the user in the act of downloading. A lying tracker,
| a peer using peer exchange, hostile web page, or buggy BitTorrent
| client could all result in a false DMCA notice.
`----

http://bmaurer.blogspot.com/2007/02/big-media-dmca-notices-guilty-until.html

So downloading a Linux distribution, for example, could be perceived as a
sin.