Re: Not just MS can't do Calc, apple too is bad at it

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Friday 09 February 2007 12:41 \__

> http://vowe.net/archives/008181.html
>
> Too funny. Both MS and apple are/were unable to provide correctly working
> Calculators. MS has its thingy mostly fixed now, Apple needs to work on
> their internationalization of their Calc version

Would they have to hire people overseas to ensure such things don't happen?
If it were open source, foreign people would have sorted this out for free.
That's just why proprietary software does not work. Nobody is there to
validate it, from a different perspective.

As a side note, I suspect that KDE is the only environment (or Linux, to
generalise) which can handle multiple locales in a single session. This is
valuable to those whose terminology isn't consistent/undertodd across
multiple languages. But, hey... Redmond folks are probably uni-lingual, so
they would not understand. Only they can maintain the final codebase
(foreign branches aside), so they hold their cards close to their chest.
When someone in the UK calls, they fold and charge twice. For no reason
really.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"