Re: lets abolish DRM ..

__/ [ Kier ] on Thursday 08 February 2007 20:06 \__

> On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:33:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 08 February 2007 18:36 \__

>>> Go ahead Steve!
>>>
>>> Do it!
>>>
>>> Let us know the results.
>>
>> Been criticised and attacked by a large group just moments ago.
>>
>> Rather than offer interoperability for DRM suppliers he just blames the
>> RIAA. DVD Jon didn't buy this either. Some say it's a PR stunt. In any
>> event, it looks grim for DRM, but I just don't like the idea of an
>> arrogant Apple throwing the blame onto other parties. Just like Microsoft,
>> it flirts with the greedy record labels and complies.
>
> Better to have Apple against DRM than for it.

Indeed.

>> The RIAA now claims that CDs are grossly underpriced. The nerve of them...
>
> They're utterly cracked. Overpriced is more like it.
>
> I rarely buy new CDs these days, because of the silly prices of some of
> them.

The Internet makes a lot of small bands visible and the music is free. GNU
utilities can crawl the sites which offer free music, so the whole thing is
automated. Free culture kills the labels, not piracy.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 123 total,   1 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie