Re: [News] The $100 Linux Laptop More Secure Than $1000 Vista Laptop

__/ [ Guy Fawkes ] on Thursday 08 February 2007 19:19 \__

> "John Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Bringing tech to every child
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> Sure...sure.
>>
>> Dell, HP, Gateway, Lenovo and Microsoft are just gonna sit back and let
>> that happen.
>>
>> Yep, all the time.
>
> They have no choice. The governments of the countries that ordered the XO
> are already awaiting for the shipments of the laptops.
>
> I'm pretty sure that Microsoft will introduce some sort of version of
> Windows XP Lite for the XO but it won't have too much impact, in fact if
> they don't get it exactly right it may become a centerpoint of ridicule.

Botnets on a mesh.

They must rebuild their O/S (radical codebase changes) in order to have this
accepted by interested countires and approved by field experts. Even
security enhancements which were added to Vista are too much of a resource
hog (security by adding layers, rather than by design which leans to
inherent lockdown). They could never have it fit those specs. Not even with
fat memory sticks. If they can't beat them, they join them (Novell?), but
what happens when the world (hardware) is not enough? The 'cool kids' will
run the original XO.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
roy      pts/1                         Thu Feb  8 16:27   still logged in