Re: [News] Windows Vista Advocate Admits Linux Eye Candy is Better and Easier Than Aero Glass

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Vista Advocate Admits Linux Eye Candy is Better and Easier Than Aero Glass
  • From: Nick Ballard <nrballardco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:18:41 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:19:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Last night:
>
> Vista Aero: Linux Is Eating Your Lunch
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Take a look at this screengrab from an AMD machine running Linux.
> | What are we seeing? Wobbly, transparent windows, hot UI effects, an
> | amazing 3D task switcher, and enough eye-candy to make Vista Ultimatel
> | ook like Midnight Commander.
> |
> | I'm not saying we all go out and pick up a copy of Ubuntu, but maybe
> | that's actually what I'm saying.
> `----
>
> http://crunchgear.com/2007/01/31/vista-aero-linux-is-eating-your-lunch/

I've been showing these videos at every opportunity.  Vista's transparent
windows and 3D task switching are cool, but are they worth $100 or more
plus the cost of hardware upgrades?  And all this when the competing
product runs on your existing hardware, has more eye candy, gives you more
stability and security, and can be downloaded for free?

                http://www.usenet.com