Re: Will Vista upgrade from Win3.1?

__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 05 February 2007 20:29 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, yttrx belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Or, as has happened much more often in my experience, if you're
>> controlling the desktops of a thousand employees and there's an emergency
>> windows update that the big boss wants implemented immediately and
>> "pushed" by the DC to all those machines, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM NEEDS
>> TO REBOOT TO MAKE THE UPDATE WORK.
>>
>> Now, that may be fine for some people, but if 50 of those people are
>> developers waiting for a build to finish over the course of four days,
>> or a complex DB query to come back, there could be a lot of trouble and
>> possibly mountains of lost revenue.
>>
>> Its a stupid system, and its a serious problem.
>
> Not to mention the onslaught on the authentication server if too many
> reboots occur at about the same time.

The Microsoft Zombie Army will force Samba out of the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.twit.tv/floww14

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
Cpu(s):  22.6% user,   2.7% system,   0.7% nice,  74.0% idle