Re: [News] Gates Would Put Lives in Hands of Windows

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
<mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:42:27 +0000
<3udk94-12m.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> begin  oe_protect.scr
> The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
>><newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:32:45 +0000
>><3619481.b9fTzV3OJK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Saturday 03 February 2007 03:11 \__

>>> http://www.our-picks.com/archives/2007/02/01/bill-gates-vista-is-so-secure-it-could-run-life-support-systems/

>>> I thought that the US government developed Microsoft to solve their economic
>>> problems. :-)
>>>
>>> (And defended it.)
>>>

>>> US politicians go to bat for Microsoft
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/26/microsoft_eu_political_lobbying/
>>>

>>    That's the best they can do, ask European competition commissioner
>>    Neelie Kroes to be "nicer" to Microsoft?
>>
>> I'm not sure which is more astonishing: the fact that the US has the
>> gumption to ask, or their incompetence in doing the asking.  Surely
>> they could have at least tried to throw in a "will damage American
>> Industry" somewhere in there....
>>
>>:-)
>>

> Well, presumably as the US is in one of its confused government moments,
> then it cannot provide clear statements on such things?

Well, yes, we do seem to have a Chief Executive who can't
seem to tell the difference between two (three?) religious
factions in Iraq, or the reality from the rose-tinted
world he appears to be inhabiting at the moment, but
if you leave your name, number, and a short message,
he'll get back to you with a brilliant plan to stop the
terrorists from re-executing 9/11 (never mind that the
head cheese is somewhere westward, instead, and we've
still not found him...)

But never mind that...we'll just have Microsoft move to
Washington, DC.  That'll Solve Everything(tm).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  The choice of a GNU generation.
Windows.  The choice of a bunch of people who like very weird behavior on
a regular basis, random crashes, and "extend, embrace, and extinguish".