Re: What the hell is this?

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Saturday 03 February 2007 23:12 \__

> On 2007-02-03, Victor I. Trevino <victort08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmode=down&page=0
>>
>> These are the most downloaded GTK 2 themes they have. Notice how they are
>> mostly knockoffs of the OS X themes and Vista...
>>
>> Why do people want to mimic another operating system in a perfectly good
>> one?
>
> Because if we didn't, you would be bitching about how Linux desktops
> aren't mainstram, like OSX and Vista. Some people are never fucking
> HAPPY!

Choice is beautiful. There are very few distributions that come in the form
of lookalikes 'out of the box'. Very few of them even have these among the
/a priori/ included collection of 'themes' (maybe for legal reasons). For
those who enjoy mimicking another environment (for fun or familiarity),
sites such as kde-look.org and gnome-look.org actually exist. The
possibilities are endless... and free! To download, to modify, to
redistribute even...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
Mem:    514480k total,   484268k used,    30212k free,     7612k buffers