[News] Non-standard VPN Protocol Introduced by Microsoft

Microsoft Launches SSL VPN Software

,----[ Quote ]
| "I don't believe Microsoft can claim a substantial advantage over
| other vendors' SSL VPN solutions," he continued. "Most vendors
| offer similar features. The real value for Microsoft customers
| is access to a stronger solution." Juniper Networks, OpenVPN,
| and Cisco offer similar software.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070202/tc_nf/49782

These protocols that they change, extend or even replace make
interoperability harder. The least they could do is seek standardisation,
but they don't. See the links below.

Microsoft readies new VPN protocol

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft currently has no plans to seek standardization for SSTP.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/1/21/6698

Related:

The Microsoft Zombie Army will force Samba out of the Enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.twit.tv/floww14