[News] Customers Urges Not to Buy Windows Vista

Apple to Windows iTunes users: Don't install Vista yet

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple has warned Windows users running its iTunes software that they should
| wait for its next update before upgrading their PCs to Microsoft's new
| Windows Vista operating system.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6155817.html

Week in review: Visions of Vista? Buyer beware

,----[ Quote ]
| "As long as XP users keep their updates current, there's
| generally no compelling reason to buy into the hype and
| purchase Vista right away," said David Milman, chief
| executive of Rescuecom, a computer repair and support
| company. "We suggest people wait until buying a new
| machine to get Vista, for economic and practical reasons."
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1083_3-6155643.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Related:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Vista Day Three: What's Broken?

,----[ Quote ]
|     * Copies of iTunes installed on Vista won't play...
|     * Vista's Windows Media Player 11 won't play...
|     * Upgrade headaches.
|     * Gamers say DirectX 10 may not live up to the hype.
|     * Same goes for the new audio stack.
|     * Licensing key glitches for Family Pack buyers.
|     * Problems with software marked "Vista Ready."
|     * Users wanting to run Vista virtually must buy...
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/02/vista_day_three.html

7 Reasons Not to Buy Vista

,----[ Quote ]