Re: [News] Linux Already Ahead of the Competition

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux Already Ahead of the Competition
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:47:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 08:08:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Open Source beats Vista already?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | At times I feel sorry for Microsoft, because it seems like every time
> | they try to come up something new, somebody beats them to it. The
> | following news might be bad news for Microsoft but good news for the
> | consumer. (If you are well familiar with OS's and open source skip the
> | next 2 paragraphs.)
> `----
>
> http://groupster.blogspot.com/2007/01/open-source-beats-vista-already.html

IMO Open Source had Fista beaten before M$ got it started!

I've been playing around with Looking-Glass on one machine.
http://www.sun.com/software/looking_glass/details.xml

I hear tell that someone managed to install it in Ubuntu. He showed it to
a friend who had just got a shiny new Fista laptop, & said the guy's jaw
dropped!

--
Just when you think the wintrolls can't get any more stupid,
up pops another one to prove you wrong.