Re: [News] British Library Makes Resources "Work Better Using Vista"

  • Subject: Re: [News] British Library Makes Resources "Work Better Using Vista"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 06:49:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 31 January 2007 21:18 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Vista and British Library put da Vinci online
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft and the British Library have digitised two of Leonardo da
>>| Vincis' notebooks.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| The British Library has created an updated version of its application
>>| called "Turning the Pages" which allows people to browse parts of
>>| its 150 million piece collection via a web browser. We heard how
>>| this works better using Vista.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/30/vinci_notebooks_vista/
>>
>> Here we go. Turn up the heat on those not using Vista, using historical
>> meterial, which ought to have been preserved using free and open means.
>>

> That is truly disgusting - it really shows what happens when public
> money is sent to foreigners instead of being invested locally.
> Presumably Bill Gates has an even larger sofa or swimming pool or
> something in payment, whilst our schools lack books, teachers, buildings
> which don't leak, etc. etc.  Revolting.

According to other sources, it is now safe to say that only Windows/Vista
users will get access to this object of historical significance. It's
appalling that a public library is involved in what the Greens would call
"unacceptable bribery".

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S