[News] Bradnding All Hardware "Vidta" to Generate Hype?

Sigma APO's 'Zoffy' mouse declares its love for Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Man, what a racket they've got going over there at Microsoft. Not
| only does the company get to unilaterally decide exactly when we
| all "need" a new operating system, it gets to siphon money off
| of hardware manufacturers for the privilege of advertising their
| products as "Vista-certified."
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/16/sigma-apos-zoffy-mouse-declares-its-love-for-vista

I have also come across Vista monitors (whatever the significance it) and a
Vista motherboard. Do we really need operating system names on generic
hardware?