Re: [News] Bradnding All Hardware "Vidta" to Generate Hype?

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:13:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Sigma APO's 'Zoffy' mouse declares its love for Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Man, what a racket they've got going over there at Microsoft. Not
> | only does the company get to unilaterally decide exactly when we
> | all "need" a new operating system, it gets to siphon money off
> | of hardware manufacturers for the privilege of advertising their
> | products as "Vista-certified."
> `----
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/16/sigma-apos-zoffy-mouse-declares-its-love-for-vista
>
> I have also come across Vista monitors (whatever the significance it) and a
> Vista motherboard. Do we really need operating system names on generic
> hardware?

AIUI, part of the whole Vista DRM thing is that you do, in fact, require
specific monitors, or the playback will degrade.  If so, then it makes
sense to label that sort of monitor as Vista-certified or what have you.
A truly generic SVGA monitor, however, is a different matter.