Re: Obsessed much Roy Schestowitz?

[snips]

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:41:38 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Oh and one final question: how does one advocate Microsoft Windows,
> when there really isn't anything about it worth advocating?

One could adopt the same mechanism apparently used by some rags when
reporting critics' reviews.  To wit:

"Your work is both good and original..." [1]

"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down I was
convulsed with laughter..." [2]

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly." [3]

So, we apply the same concept to Windows advocacy and we come up with such
jewels as:

"Having recently been using a competing OS, I really miss Windows."  [4]

"Vista is a definite improvement over XP." [5]

"I really enjoy working with Vista." [6]

Voila.  Instant advocacy. :)

[1] "Your work is both good and original, but the parts which are good are
not original and the parts which are original are not good."

[2] "From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down I was
convulsed with laughter.  Someday I intend reading it."

[3] "This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly.  It should be thrown
with great force."

[4] In about the same way I miss the intestinal flu.

[5] Just as amoebic dysentery is an improvement over death.

[6] Almost as much as I enjoy having my teeth drilled without novocaine.