Re: [News] Pretty New Things in GNOME and KDE

> Show Me that Updated Gnome Main Menu
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I'm pleased to share that the desktop design team at Novell is
> | working on further improvements to the original Main Menu. The
> | video below comes from the upcoming SLED10 Service Pack 1 as it
> | looks in the current internal beta 3. (The unreleased status means
> | that this is not necessarily the final product, and things may
> | change from what you see today.
> `----

http://reverendted.wordpress.com/2007/02/14/show-me-that-updated-gnome-main-menu/

Yuk. Too much like Windows for my taste.

Plus 99% of everything other than the horrible layout, is already
implemented in the menu I sue on FC6 (highlights, hints, places,
settings, logout and shutdown choices, etc.).

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
 00:58:00 up 89 days, 17:19,  3 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00