[News] Luring Users to a Portal Using Freebies

"Win a Zune" If your homepage is msn.com

,----[ Quote ]
| How badly does Microsoft want to promote the Zune? My fellow
| tippsters at Neowin.net found that Microsoft has decided that
| every user who sets MSN as their home page will be entered to
| win one of 50 Zunes.
`----

http://dltv.wordpress.com/2007/02/15/win-a-zune-if-your-homepage-is-wwwmsncom/

A case of giving some poison using some bait (see below). They also returned
to that whole Web search for charity thing. Seems desparate and there will
be many disappointed (and lockin in) people I suspect.

Related:

Vista users get free Wi-FI

,----[ Quote ]
`----