Re: "So what did Bill Gates see?" (Before jumping ship)

__/ [ flyer ] on Thursday 15 February 2007 09:31 \__

> "There can be no more eloquent statement that Microsoft is growing
> irrelevant than Bill Gates' announcement on 15 June 2006 that he is
> stepping down from daily operations. Ray Ozzie has already taken over
> as Chief Software Architect.
>
> "One of the most eloquent dispositions on how badly things have gone
> wrong within Microsoft was by a Windows group insider (3). It
> describes the state of paralysis within the company caused by the
> horrifying complexity of monolithic integration, and persistent denial
> of reality by Microsoft's development management."
>
> "So what did Bill Gates see?"
>
> http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit040.html

Some insiders have given their opinion:

Understanding Open Source technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Already industrial watchers are pointing to a serious showdown,
| which in the meantime, the Chief Executive of Microsoft Corporation,
| Steve Ballmer did not rule out in a recent interview in which he
| also explained why Microsoft announced a sweeping reorganisation
| of its Windows division.
|
| "We have to outrun this phenomenon [OSS]" he was quoted as saying, and "
| ...if we let up for a minute... then that other stuff will gain"
| attraction.
`----

http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=01/31/2007&qrTitle=Understanding%20Open%20Source%20technology&qrColumn=ISSUES

Niall Sez Microsoft is Too Big and Paralyzed

,----[ Quote ]
| Lots of echoes in the chamber rolled up at TechMeme. Rumblings of
| cut-backs and paralysis and Microsoft being the new IBM. I certainlya
| gree with the desire for Microsoft to be a way smaller company (thoughI
|  think every time I say that, or ring a bell, 100 more people get hired).
| I'm not bought into the split-up, except for the sobering benefit of
| cutting off the cash-cow money flow that allows an abundance of waste
| and bad decisions elsewhere in the company.
`----

http://tinyurl.com/kdzmk

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computing/Platforms?Article=/Computing/Platforms/R7G5G6U4

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 10:00am  up 23 days 10:18,  6 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.44, 0.66