Re: [News] Red Hat Working Towards Better Interoperability (Without Microvell)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Red Hat Joins Interop Vendor Alliance
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Red Hat today announced it has joined the Interop Vendor Alliance,
> | an industry-wide organization working to connect people, data and
> | diverse systems through better interoperability.
> `----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/feb/13/red_hat_joins_interop_vendor_alliance

aspx doesn't work you know. Must be over a year ago I said in this group
about my go with .NET and in particular .NET2.

The developement tools are great, .NET2 has the potential for greatness, but
there is also a lot wrong with it.

http://interopvendoralliance.org/default.aspx

That page is an example. The writer of the site has used a Master page, like
a template. You create a Master that carries your main style sheet, you
might have your site menus and probably logo on that Master page.

Then you create every actual page for your site using that Master. you just
type/drag-ndrop and code those pages inside a diddy little box that the
.NET2 designer brought up for you, it has the Master around it so you can
see where you are working, but you are not meant to go outside that little
box which represents the actual Page you are working on.

Unfortunately someone forgot to tell MS that. Because try as you might you
can't get the bits you drag and drop to stick inside that little box, they
go off floating around the Master part of the page like little butterflies
flitting from div to div.

The other side is that little box can not be moved, on pain of death, try to
move it and it disapears, unless you use good old /br a few times, which
gives you up/down movement, side to side requires dots, because your
browser cleans up spaces of cause.

A year later and not a thing has changed. See the way the middle section
over writes the left section? That's because the .NET2 design boy could not
move the piggin box and if he resized the div on the left hand side, then
that bleedin box would move at the browser end, and still overlap. It's
like the two divs fancy each other, a lot.