Re: [News] Key SCO Man Abandons Ship

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 14 February 2007 10:42 \__

>> Local News and Notes
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| SCO PR director resigns, joins Omniture -- Blake Stowell has resigned
>>| from his position as public relations director of the SCO Group to
>>| join Omniture Inc.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/210003
>>

> It does make you wonder what Novell will look like in due course,
> doesn't it?

Earlier today I read something similar, but the conext was Sun Microsystems.
Both companies axed some staff and their move toward Open Source is/was
probably driven by the need to evolve. Finding a friend in Microsoft is just
a death knell because Microsoft /fights/ Open Source rather than just join
the wave. It can't join Open Source (it tries to pretend that it befriends
it) because of their cash cows. Now it tries to imitate Google, which is
already grabbing a lot of Microsoft business.

--
                ~~ Happy Valentine's Day

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Microsoft's Counter-Supportive Evangelist (MCSE)
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S