Re: Unrest in the Vista camp...

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Wednesday 14 February 2007 08:50 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Tim Fairchild ] on Tuesday 13 February 2007 12:06 \__
>>

>>> Well, I don't particularly like to talk about Vista, but things don't
>>> look all that happy in Vistaland.
>>>
>>> A quick browse of microsoft.public.windows.vista.general shows a bit of
>>> trouble...
>>>
>>> Some snips, but you can click pretty much any thread...
>>>
>>> "Ok now I have had to reboot 5 times so far today to get back my internet
>>> connection.  I have asked here as have many others.  I called MS support.
>>> What a joke ... they are swamped with calls."
>>>
>>> "The text in Windows mail is blurred and unsharp..."
>>>
>>> "I recently purchased Vista Ultimate and installed it.
>>> Every time I try to activate it (by clicking on the link in computer
>>> details to activate it) Windows Explorer Crashes and restarts. No error
>>> message explaining the problem appears, and I cannot activate Vista
>>> Ultimate."
>>>
>>> "I have Recorded TV from MCE 2005 on another hdd.  After the upgrade [to
>>> Vista], I can play some of these recordings fine but others get
>>> the "Restricted Content" msg, sometimes appearing randomly throughout the
>>> recording."
>>>
>>> "I really don't believe this, but when upgrading from XP with MSN search
>>> to Vista I get substantially slower search, with bad results;
>>> - does not index network drives (although they are added in search-CP)
>>> - very slow - you don't get instant results, but wait 20-60 seconds"
>>>
>>> "Microsoft doesn't even have support for the Zune (a Microsoft product)
>>> using Windows Vista.  I tried to install my Zune today on my new desktop
>>> which came preloaded with Vista and during the install it said that it
>>> isn't supported on this version of Windows."
>>

>> They still haven't patched this?!?!
>>

>>> "I'm getting only 2MB/s on gigabit [network]."
>>

>> Maybe the zombies are preparing for a DDOS attack, so bandwidth gets
>> devoured. 1 in 4 Windows PCs is a zombie.
>>

> Oh come off it Roy, it is unfair to say That many Windows users are zombies
> I'm sure the number must be less than that.
>
> Oops, sorry, I missread what you wrote.

Just in case somebody wonders (you've probably seen this already)...

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

--
                ~~ Happy Valentine's Day

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S