Re: Attempt to 'Upgrade' to Vista Drives User to Linux?

  • Subject: Re: Attempt to 'Upgrade' to Vista Drives User to Linux?
  • From: Paul Bramscher <pfbram_nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:04:12 -0600
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Reporter wrote:
On Feb 12, 4:14 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Vista Upgrade: Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere

,----[ Quote ]
| This is just another reason (again, that is another post for another
| time) why I am hoping to never upgrade my Windows XP laptop to Vista.
| I am hedging my bets on Linux and Wine improving to where I can
| abandon Windows before XP is no longer supported.
`----

http://www.imarc.net/blog/139/vista_upgrade_stuck_in_the_middle_of_no...

LINUX Desktop will NEVER succeed because deep down in each UNIX Geek is the desire for UNIX (LINUX) to be difficult and inaccessable and not be something grandma can plug into her machine and use. LINUX is wonderful but its' collective Geeks will find ways to undermine the desktop FOREVER.

Is that your hope, your paid analysis, or your honest summary?

Anyone who can't insert a live CD at this point and select one of several distros to his liking is probably too brain dead to even point-and-drool his way through M$ Windoze.

Ubuntu support on their moderated forums costs exactly $0, compared to $59/incident for M$ (recently raised). Now, why would it be in M$' best interest to properly document all the bugs, when they're making money off people's ignorance? Pot calling the kettle black.