Re: Attempt to 'Upgrade' to Vista Drives User to Linux?

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Reporter
<TruckSafety@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on 12 Feb 2007 17:37:35 -0800
<1171330655.733688.57860@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Feb 12, 4:14 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Vista Upgrade: Stuck in the Middle of Nowhere
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This is just another reason (again, that is another post for another
>> | time) why I am hoping to never upgrade my Windows XP laptop to Vista.
>> | I am hedging my bets on Linux and Wine improving to where I can
>> | abandon Windows before XP is no longer supported.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.imarc.net/blog/139/vista_upgrade_stuck_in_the_middle_of_no...
>
> LINUX Desktop will NEVER succeed because deep down in each UNIX Geek
> is the desire for UNIX (LINUX) to be difficult and inaccessable and
> not be something grandma can plug into her machine and use.  LINUX is
> wonderful but its' collective Geeks will find ways to undermine the
> desktop FOREVER.

Of course.  In order for Linux desktop to succeed it must
perform identically to Vista.  All programs should run
just like they do on Vista.  All permissions would be
allowed just like Vista.  All visual icons and buttons
and thingies and doohickies would look just like Vista.
All viruses on Linux would run just like Vista.

And then of course Microsoft swoops in and accuses Linux
of copyright infringement, but that's a minor detail.

</sarcasm>

Spot The Flaw.  (Hint: it's not slippery.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #11823822:
signal(SIGKILL, catchkill);