Re: Forbe$ Tells the Truth About Vista, Why Can't the BBC?

  • Subject: Re: Forbe$ Tells the Truth About Vista, Why Can't the BBC?
  • From: Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:05:06 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
NoNamer wrote:

On Feb 11, 3:48 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Dim Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows Vista: more than five years in the making, more than 50 millio
| lines of code. The result? A vista slightly more inspiring than the
| one over the town dump. The new slogan is: "The 'Wow' Starts Now,"
| and Microsoft touts new features, many filched shamelessly from
| Apple's Macintosh. But as with every previous version, there's no
| wow here, not even in ironic quotes. Vista is at best mildly
| annoying and at worst makes you want to rush to Redmond, Wash.
| and rip somebody's liver out.
|
| Vista is a fading theme park with a few new rides, lots of
| patched-up old ones and bored kids in desperate need of adult
| supervision running things. If I can find plenty of problems
| in a matter of hours, why can't Microsoft? Most likely answer:
| It did--and it doesn't care.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2007/0226/050.html?partner=yahoomag

Finally. An objective (not promotional) review from a major publication. Due
to be released in February 26th.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions.  I find that almost all
reviews haven't even begun to touch the surface of Vista.  There are
just so many cool things included in it...

I'm looking forward to a review that reviews *everything* new about
the OS, not just somebody that fires it up for a few days and
concludes it's the same as XP.

So you are now dissing Forbes magazine?  How odd.