Re: DDOS Attacks Coming From www.schestowitz.com and boyCottnovell.com

  • Subject: Re: DDOS Attacks Coming From www.schestowitz.com and boyCottnovell.com
  • From: "peterwn" <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 Feb 2007 11:20:07 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.internet.search-engines, uk.legal, sci.physics
On Feb 12, 6:34 am, toe.m...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Feb 9, 12:00 pm, jose.lopez1...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 7:43 pm, satish.sing...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > > Ever since I visitedwww.schestowitz.comIhavebeen getting nmaped,
> > > probed, pinged and nowDDOS'swith floods of requests from an ip
> > > address that resolves to a block assigned towww.schestowitz.com.
> > > I have reported this to my ISP who is now blocking the range from my
> > > trunk.
> > > They in turn have filed a complaint with Catalyst (?) who hosts the
> > > site.
> > > Is anyone else experiencing this kind of a problem or am I the chosen
> > > one?
>
> > You might be interested in this message Satish.
> > It appears that Mr. RoySchestowitzis tracking down and stalking
> > people who visit his websites.
>
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/4ab5e1b04c0...
> > __/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 09 February 2007 09:30 \__

> > > It's you who should be paranoid since eventually we'll figure out your
> > > IP address,
>
> > Got it when he carelessly trolled BoycottNovell:
>
> > 72.81.192.168
>
> > pool-72-81-192-168.bltmmd.east.verizon.net
>
> > As for Larry Qualig, he uses a Web proxy in Califoria even though he
> > lives in
> > Boston.
>
> > > location
>
> > Hampton, New York State.
>
> > > and ISP and begin prosecution.
>
> > Verizon.
>
> > > Hope you have a good lawyer.
>
> > Let us hope for Gary.
> > --
> >                         ~~ Best wishes
>
> > Roy S.Schestowitz     | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?http://Schestowitz.com| Free as in Free Beer ¦  PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
> > Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   2.8% system,   0.7% nice,  73.6% idle
> >      http://iuron.com-semantic engine to gather information
> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> > FWIW I got hammered with port scans when I visited bothwww.schestowitz.comand www.BoycottNovellaswell.
>
> > I would advise people to avoid going to either of those sites because
> > they seem to have connections to an unstable person.
>
> > I have notified GoDaddy about this person.
>
> I too am getting hammered with SPAM as well as pings and nmaps fromwww.schestowitz.comand boycottnovell.com too.
>
> I'm not sure what this guy Roy Schestowitz is up to but it can't be
> too good seeing as he has apparently castrated himself and changed his
> gender to that of a female.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5aa9bbd2a2a...
>
> I'd stay far clear of both sites.

Roy is not exactly popular with wintrolls, so accusations against Roy
need to be taken with a grain of salt.  This is especially as he posts
under his own name and does not appear to use an army of aliases (the
alleged 'concerns' are with postings under his own name).  It is
rather difficult to categorise as 'spam' his pro-linux postings to the
likes of comp.os.linux.advocacy since such postings are completely 'on
topic' in these groups.  He surely would not risk his reputation by
misbehaving on the internet.  These other 'incidents' would seem to be
fabrications or packets etc 'dressed up' to appear to be coming from
him.

This sort of posting is on a par with the recent highly offensive
postings concerning the Archbishop of York in uk.legal etc.  These
have been deleted by Google etc.

Some people seem determined to try and muzzle Roy and deny his freedom
of expression.  This has included unfounded 'complaints' allgedly sent
to the authorities at his university.

I would not blame Redmond, but it seems that the fringes of its PR
'fifth column' may be somewhat out of control.