Re: [News] Negroponte: It would be nuts for OLPC to advocate being "open" and then being closed to Microsoft

__/ [ Rick ] on Sunday 11 February 2007 15:25 \__

>> I knew that wanker would punt.
>>
>> He's only in it for the fame.
>
> Bailo, how does it feel to be such an idiot?

http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2393&from=rss

<quote>
      "Microsoft has a real problem with open source -- a problem with which
I sympathize. Nonetheless, we are working with them. They have laptops and
are determined to put Windows on it. We are helping them do so. It would be
nuts for One Laptop Per Child to advocate being "open'" and then being
closed to Microsoft."

Why should anyone "sympathize" with the problem Microsoft is having with the
open source?!?
</quote>

Good point. I wondered the same thing when I initially read this.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie