Re: "then Microsoft Office is toast" (tail end of article) (re Google Apps)

  • Subject: Re: "then Microsoft Office is toast" (tail end of article) (re Google Apps)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:30:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 28 February 2007 09:13 \__

> flyer wrote:
>

>> http://www.theregister.com/2007/02/27/google_apps_challenge/
>
> Costs $50 per user per year.
>
> A bit pricey since Open Office is free!
>
> Oh, and if you need "web access".
>

> Then put your documents on a CVS/Subversion site where they can be checked
> in/out and "multiused".

Interoperability is being improved in that regard...

My Family Photos - and ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| [Sun CEO:] "we're working with Google to ensure interoperability
| between Google's office documents and OpenOffice documents -
| leveraging ODF as an exchange mechanism. Any document created
| in Google's office can be trivially exported to (and soon
| imported from) OpenOffice.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/entry/microsoft_vista_microsoft_office_and

Also, you can use the free service, at least at a limited level of capacity.
Or you can have different employees using different solutions at home/work
or depending on personal preference at the
office/bandwidth/connectivity/task at hand.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Mem:    514480k total,   482676k used,    31804k free,    10224k buffers