Re: [News] Windows Incompatible with Its Own Documentation

__/ [ Nick Ballard ] on Wednesday 28 February 2007 06:52 \__

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/02/27/windows-help-files-not-supported-in-vista/

>> Lack of standards leads to obsolescence of software and information,
> rather
>> than preserve it. Maybe you can call Bill Gates for assistance
> instead. His
>> number is (408)726-4390.
>
> It seems as though the intention behind this is to have users call MS
> for support.  At an added cost, of course...

That's why I gave you Bill's number. ;-)

Regardless, Windows help files are filled with promotional language that's
never frank about deficiencies and limitations. Don't expect much more than
big words and phrases like "Enterprise Automated Super-ultimate Keypattern
Detector", "Premium Licence", and "Enhanced User Mode".

Speaking of support costs, they have just gone up... by 50% for Office...
without a peep (see below). But it could be worse. Here in the UK, Vista
costs ~$600 and it's transcending the $700 mark in Holland. I don't know if
the upgrade route works everywhere (I bet it does), but few people know
about this trick/loophole, which Microsoft has openly refused to patch.
Probably a business choice...

Microsoft raises support fees for Windows, Office

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=242

--