Re: [NEWS] Million-seat open-source email rollout

  • Subject: Re: [NEWS] Million-seat open-source email rollout
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:53:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Tuesday 27 February 2007 22:47 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
> <spam@xxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:56:59 +0000
> <92meb4-1s5.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, AB belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> "XChange"?
>>>
>>> Hoo boy.
>>
>> The word "Exchange" is generic, and derivative terms and abbreviations
>> similarly. I.e. I don't think the London Stock Exchange will be
>> threatened with closure any time soon.
>>
>> BTW, they have a running demo here:
>>
>> http://demo.open-xchange.com
>>
>> Some bright spark has created an appointment in "Peter Puchase's"
>> account, for "Sex with my secratary"(sic) for the 3rd of March; location
>> "On desk" :)
>>

> Apparently his desk was busy, as they've moved it to
> conference room 4, and she's been promoted.
>
> No mention afterwards regarding lunch.  I guess it's BYO. :-)
>
> The software itself looks reasonably usable, admittedly.

I think they were using some bits of Novell's Hula. IIRC, they responded when
Novell halted work on the project (shortly after the Microvell deal, as it
competes with Microsoft), just months before it got a fork/successor.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
roy      pts/4                         Tue Feb 27 15:19 - 15:26  (00:06)