Re: Microsoft's 'dirty tricks' archive turns into hot Torrent

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft's 'dirty tricks' archive turns into hot Torrent
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 02:43:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 26 February 2007 22:10 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that B Gruff spake thusly:
>> My word:-
>>
>> "Microsoft lawyers who believed they'd buried the most embarrassing
>> collection of documents about the company's murky past for good, without
>> any one noticing, were in for a surprise this weekend. The archive has
>> become a mainstay of the Bittorrent P2P file sharing networks."
>>
>> "A healthy 20+ seeds have been distributing the files for the past few
>> days, at any one time."
>>
>> (big snip)
>>
>> "The material needs to find a home in a academic institution, which has
>> the time to curate it, check for completeness, and put the material in
>> context. And ideally this should be in a region beyond US jurisdiction -
>> if there are any such places this side of Jupiter. (Perhaps the Gates
>> Foundation can recommend somewhere)"
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/26/microsoft_archive_goes_torrent/
>
> Seeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

Free open source games!!! And news just in:

Game profitability 'under threat'

"Rising development costs and small user bases mean games developers are
unlikely to make a profit on new titles until 2008, according to a report."

OSS will do to the gaming industry what it is already doing to S/W. And there
will be great amounts of reuse. Just look at all the Quake 'spinoffs'.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Tasks: 134 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie