[News] The Equivalent of Buying SLED 10, Then Installing SuSE 7

My First MS Vista Ultimate Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| After failing miserably I decided to reboot the machine to see how fast
| it would reboot under my machine's hardware. Oh look at that a blue
| screen! This looks promising.
|
| Since the reboot, the machine hangs every time at the desktop just
| after it's finished POSTing. So I said screw it, I'll wait for SP1
| (which is due to come out soon) and try again. I had to hunt down
| my WinXP Pro SP2 install disk and settle for that. I am also
| installing the 32-bit version because I've had weird
| hardware/software issues with the 64-bit version and I
| don't want the headache anymore.
`----

http://www.tingram.ca/blog/My-First-MS-Vista-Ultimate-Experience

How come none of these people demanded a refund? Even Microsoft has
acknowledged that vista is not ready.

Related:

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Vista securityVole is happy with bugs

,----[ Quote ]