[News] Windows Vista Still Urges People to Use GNU/Linux

Wot! Not Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| My Windows XP machine went "phut" the other day. I think it is a
| hardware problem as it had been "phutting" more and more over the
| past months, but now it is unusable. This is not the disaster it
| may appear to be!
|
| [...]
|
| Now, when discussing home computers with colleagues I explain:
| "My children have a fantastic new computer system. And no, it is
| not Vista! No WGA. No license restrictions.".
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blog/not_vista

That's probably where licensing/restrictions were a deterrent to the person.

Tech support issues for vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| With the gaining popularity of Linux and other Open Source Based
| operating systems, I see many geeks migrate to these platforms.
|
| Since windows vista has recently launched, it would be a lot
| different compared to xp, many Linux convert geeks would not have
| experienced vista. I cant believe anyone would trade in their Linux
| (or even mac) for vista.
`----

http://www.sajalkayan.com/linux/tech-support-issues-for-vista/

Issues of cost and inertia.

Calling Windows Vista, Are You There?

,----[ Quote ]
| As someone who?s been using Windows products since the early 90s
| I've always yearned for a "computer that works like a TV or a car".
| Just think about it, if your car suddenly stopped in the middle of
| the highway or even more shockingly fell apart while driving it,
| you'd get seriously injured or killed. The same thing used to happen
| to me with Windows on a daily basis. I've lost so many documents that
| way. Then it got me so brain-washed to nervously hit the save
| button every few minutes that what I gained by not losing works in
| progress was lost in productive flow.
`----

http://baron.vc/calling-windows-vista-are-you-there/

6 years without anything new to offer...