Re: "Microsoft Will Be Defeated" -- the Web Site

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In article <1mgckyykrwc6n.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Who's more of a troll, the guy that's stating an opinion?  Or the guy
>> that's complaining about not fixing bugs before release and then uses as an
>> example a bug that was fixed shortly after it was noticed (8 MONTHS ago)
>> BEFORE RELEASE?
>>
>> Hint:
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/archive/2006/07/31/684327.aspx
>>
>> I'd say the latter.
>
> Roy thinks that anyone who has anything good to say about any Microsoft
> product has to be a shill.  I'm not kidding--go read his comments on
> Digg, and you'll see him actually making that claim.  He appears to have
> gone completely nuts in this matter.

I actually think he needs help.

He spends more time castigating MS than he does *advocating* Linux. A
true advocate would do his best to make things better - and this means
recognising the bad as well as the good and then contributing to improve
things.

Unfortunately for Roy, as he is soon to discover, the Linux world is
changing as a few entrepreneurs spot the chance to make a hat full of
cash out of other peoples hard work. Still, Mark Kent should agree since
he maintains that there should be "no such thing as Intellectual
Property".