[News] South Africa Continues Push Toward Linux Desktops with Homebred Software

Open source project aids South African students

,----[ Quote ]
| The non-profit tuXlab program, which provides network connectivity
| along with tuXlab GNU/Linux desktops and other open-source software
| to South Africa high schools, integrated 10 more schools into its
| wireless network on Feb. 9. The project reportedly has now connected
| tuXlabs in 50 schools near Cape Town.

Earlier today I read something which suggests that not only will South Africa
move to Open Source, but the cabinet will also start using GNU/Linux, just
like the French. Not to worry... Microsoft still has North America... while
the German, the French, the Dutch, the Russian, the African, the Chinese,
India, and some American countries have already got a FLOSS policy/push in
place...

Related:

Government switches to Open Source

,----[ Quote ]