Re: [News] XBox Still Slaughtered by PS2, Which Now Costs Just 50 GB Pounds

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> MS: 'We won't kill off the Xbox 360'
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Once the Xbox 360 launched worldwide at the end of 2005, Microsoft
> | had already dropped all software support for the Xbox and third
> | parties quickly followed suite - though by its own admission
> | Microsoft never planned on leading that particular console race,
> | and the decision was made to launch its next console ahead
> | of the competition.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158535

Just goes to show that people are much happier if the games consol people
take their time to make it right, rather than rushing it out before it is
ready. I know there is a general 'why are we waiting' humm in the air for
the PS3, but people are still willing to wait and still excited in
anticipation of the launch date.

Do you remember when MS used to hold back, generating excitement for Win98
or some other thing. Maybe they should have used that tactic with the
xbox360, might have given the designers time to work out a cooling system.

> Aussies and Europeans fume over PS3 price
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It seems that Australians will have to pay Â400 while the Europeans
> | will have to stump up Â425. The Japanese only had to pay Â253.531a
> | nd the US Â307.72.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37794
>
> Price cuts coming shortly on the face of it. Production costs are now much
> lower.

If I was Mr Sony I would sort that one out, no doubt the PS3 will get a rush
of buyers what ever the price, but between the Wee oops I mean Wii and PS3
they could have the entire games market sown up. So why not under cut Xbox
by a big margin, its the games they make their money on in the end.

Better consoles, wider selection of games, and health and safety leaflets
that mention the thick ear you can get if you do not move mum's ornaments
to a safe location while you play, they can't lose this battle I reckon.