[News] Vista Bedevils OpenOffice, VM Doesn't Handle Ubuntu Linux

Microsoft releases list of verified Vista applications

...well, no OpenOffice in the list. How... convenient.

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9011635&intsrc=hm_list

Ubuntu on Virtual PC 2007 - No way dude!

,----[ Quote ]
| A number of people have asked me whether it's possible to install
| Linux onto a Virtual PC 2007 virtual machine.  Well, since I had
| an Ubuntu ISO on my desktop I decided to give it a go.
|
| The short answer is no.  It won't.  I thought that it might but
| my optimism was short-lived.  The graphics are all messed up.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=273

Related:

Jury Hears Microsoft Competition Suit

,----[ Quote ]
| Conlin's first 3 1/2 hours of opening arguments delved deeply into
| computer industry history and how Microsoft fought off competitors
| attempting to design rival software.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061201/microsoft_trial.html?.v=1

Comes v. MS Antitrust Trial Begins in Iowa

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's part of what Allchin said about how to deal with the competitive
| threat from Novell then:
|
| "We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger....If you're
| going to kill someone, there isn't much reason to get all worked up
| about it and angry. You just pull the trigger. Any discussions
| beforehand are a waste of time. We need to smile at Novell while
| we pull the trigger."
|
| [...]
|
| Conlin used a variety of computer-generated illustrations,
| including one that showed 15 icons, each representing what she
| said was an illegal action taken by Microsoft in pursuit of its
| bid to become and remain a monopoly. The icons had titles like
| "exclusionary contract," "technical sabotage," "buying out the
| competitition"...
`----

Microsoft's Allegedly Undocumented APIs - Comes v. Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]