Re: [News] Could GooTube Save the BBC from Microsoft DRM?

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 22 February 2007 16:22 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> BBC and YouTube in Deal Talks
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The BBC and YouTube are in the process of striking a deal between
>> | themselves, allowing BBC content to be available on Google-owned
>> | YouTube, the world?s largest and most popular video sharing service.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.techsmessage.com/2007/02/21/bbc-and-youtube-in-deal-talks/
>>

> I like youtube, except for one thing which I think is really stupid.
>
> You go on YouTube to watch and listen to a video of some kind. But they use
> some adverts that have sound!!! So when those adverts come up you can't
> hear the video. Really smart idea that one, not.
>

>> Related:
>>
>> YouTube deal with CBS unravels
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A deal between Google and CBS that would let YouTube users watch
>> | clips from CBS shows such as The Late Show with David Letterman,
>> | has unraveled, The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6160895.html
>>

> Gads have you watched those shows, this has to be a punishment video for
> kids who spend too much time watching the music videos when they should be
> doing home work.
>
> PopUp: Your ten minutes is up, either do some homework or we will play a
> David Letterman show at you.
>
> Bet the end of year exam results are the best ever.

I have always like the Leno gig (Tonight Show) and O'Brien, but that's NBC.
As for Letterman, yes... I agree he's a bore. Even Larry King beats him...
with entertaining stuff like this:

    According to Starpulse.com, O'Reilly dubbed all iPod users ?geeks? and
implied that those who bought one were socially inept.

    In a move illustrating how in touch he is with young people he
spluttered: "I don't own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod. Did you ever
talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with
them?"

And this...

Larry King Admits He's Never Used The Internet: 'Do You Punch Little Buttons
and Things?'

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/15/larry-king-internet/

--
                ~~ Happy Birthday, George W. (not Bush)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)
roy      pts/4                         Thu Feb 22 12:46 - 12:51  (00:04)