Re: A Google Package Challenges Microsoft

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Thursday 22 February 2007 16:14 \__

> Quote:
> ------------------
> Google is taking aim at one of Microsoft's most lucrative franchises.
>
> On Thursday, Google, the Internet search giant, will unveil a package
> of communications and productivity software aimed at businesses, which
> overwhelmingly rely on Microsoft products for those functions.
>
> The package, called Google Apps, combines two sets of previously
> available software bundles. One included programs for e-mail, instant
> messaging, calendars and Web page creation; the other, called Docs and
> Spreadsheets, included programs to read and edit documents created
> with Microsoft Word and Excel, the mainstays of Microsoft Office, an
> $11 billion annual franchise.

Poor Microsoft. *sulk sulk*

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has warned Google to steer clear of corporate search,
| declaring that the market is "our house"....
|
| "Those people are not going to be allowed to take food off our plate,
| because that is what they are intending to do."
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2160431/microsoft-warns-google-business

Microsoft execs are desperate for some food. I bet they have seen this
coming. They watch Google like a hawk. Some big companies have already
committed to taking the plunge, e.g.:

Dumping Office for Google Apps

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://videos.webpronews.com/2007/02/07/dumping-office-for-google-apps/

--
                ~~ Happy Birthday, George W. (not Bush)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S