Re: [News] The Differences Between GNOME and KDE

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
GNOME, KDE: Can't We All Just Get Along?

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE is seen as a cluttered mess, completely void of any form of restraint
| on what widgets are placed where. There appears to be no logic in how
| buttons are arranged; which of them get text labels, which of them
| are placed on the toolbar and which on a sidebar. KDE is also said
| to have way too many options for configuring every pixel on the | screen, and of course all these options are presented directly at
| the user, instead of hiding less used options. And of course some
| uninformed soul will say KDE caters to only 'ex-Windows users'.
| | GNOME, on the other hand, is regarded as rigid, inflexible, pre-defined,
| and boring. There are too few ways of manipulating how your desktop
| and windows look. "Usability" appears to have been upgraded from a
| guidewire to a Holy Book of Conduct, allowing for no deviations
| from the norm. It is also often said that GNOME lacks basic
| functionality, and most of the time people will say this missing
| functionality has been hidden just to not confuse users. And of
| course, some uninformed soul will say GNOME has a registry, 'just
| like Windows'. `----

Linus Torvalds likes KDE, as do I.

So, thanks for the fish, now, go away.  No one cares about you opinion.

BTW, I like XFCE, IceWM, and almost everything except Gnome. But, I will use Gnome, if no options is extant.