[News] Vista Secures "Premium Content", Not the User

Analysis of Microsoft's Suicide Note (part 1)

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past when I have delivered lectures to web application
| developers I would caution them to never trust user input. Perhaps
| developers took this philosophy a little too far. The entire
| operating system now seems to have turned against the user.
| Zero tolerance drivers and regulation code will lock the system
| down if any type of deviance is detected. So called "tilt bits"
| will signal an attack on the system if anything is found out of
| the ordinary. These changes won't enhance user security
| unfortunately as they were designed to protect only "premium content".
`----

http://badvista.fsf.org/blog/analysis-of-microsofts-suicide-note-part-1

Power to the media and electronic companies, abuse of the end user.

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page.

Related:

Cost analysis of Vista DRM: Part II

,----[ Quote ]
`----