Re: BECTA reported to the EU for procurement violation

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 09 January 2007 21:59 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ 7 ] on Monday 08 January 2007 17:58 \__
>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/08/becta_ec_complaint/
>>>
>>> "Small firm complains about Becta and big business"
>>>
>>> I complained a while ago that BECTA was game keeper and
>>> poacher in the words they use to describe open source
>>> and its uptake in UK education. Well its now turned
>>> into official complaint filed with the EU.
>>>
>>> No one from BECTA should be trusted.
>>> What they do is illegal and they know it.
>>> If you want action, particularly as a small open source company,
>>> join the list of complainants to EU and press
>>> for a full enquiry and more transparency. Air all your past grievances
>>> as well, so that it gets noted as yet more crimes
>>> that have been committed by BECTA in collusion with
>>> big business.
>>
>> Oops. I was preparing something while you posted this. You beat me to it.
>>

> Well done 7 for raising it, though.  It's about time that the dubious
> practices of HMG were exposed in this area.  It's just not cricket to be
> in the pocket of foreign proprietary software vendors when advising on
> procuring software for the education of our children.

And as inside information teaches us, there could be corruption involved,
which affects not only Open Source, but also British SMEs. I believe I am
permitted to 'leak' this...

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
roy      pts/4                         Tue Jan  9 06:07 - 06:07  (00:00)