Re: MSN messages filtered - silently and incompetently

__/ [ Richard Rasker ] on Tuesday 09 January 2007 09:18 \__

> For those of you stupid enough to use Microsoft's MSN client: Microsoft,
> in their usual arrogant style, decided that messages should be filtered,
> so that all kinds of badness can't reach the recipient.
> And in their usual incompetent style, they totally screwed this up: not
> only does the sender receive no notice whatsoever if anything was filtered
> out, but the filters themselves are a textbook example how not to do it:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/08/msn_bans_scroogle/
>
> And these people want to rule tomorrow's world wide communication?
> *shudder*

My grandfather has an Hotmail account. Many times in the past he did not
received my messages. Needless to say, this can lead to friction.

No other service I am aware of intercepted my E-mail messages. Going /years/
back...

Bill Gates: Why I Hate Spam

,----[ Quote ]
| But spam is worse than irritating. It is a drain on business productivity,
| an increasingly costly waste of time and resources that clogs
| corporate networks and distracts workers...
`----

http://tinyurl.com/8ne8o (Microsoft.com, from WSJ)

You know, I heard the guy has a little department dedicated to fileting his
E-mail account.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.