Re: [News] Microsoft Acknowledges that Windows Vista Has DVD Issues

On 2007-01-08, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 07:35:58 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> High-quality DVDs will not operate on some Vista PCs
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft has been forced to acknowledge that a substantial number
>>| of PCs running the new version of its Windows operating system will
>>| not be able to play high-quality DVDs.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5-2536050,00.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=Business
>
> Don't forget that *NONE* of those DVD's will play on *ANY* version of Linux
> either.
>
> How come nobody ever mentions that?

Maybe because it isn't relavent. AFAIK no linux companies or groups are
trying to further the same format MS is pushing.

But don't be surprised when linux can do it before Winders can.*

* Assuming your claim that linux can't do it already is valid. I won't
take /your/ word for it, but I don't have any information on it either
way.

--
Vista: The ME of NT.