Re: [News] SabayonLinux Reviewed, Does Remarkably Well

On 2007-01-07, owl <owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
>> Sabayon 3.25 (32bit)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | All things considered, Sabayon 3.25 really is a mammoth distribution.
>> | The developers have obviously spent a lot of time and effort
>> | improving not only the look and feel, but also the functionality
>> | of their offering. And it was worth it. Sabayon really looks
>> | finished now, and works out-of-the-box - the user doesn't have
>> | to know how to configure anything anymore.
>> `----
>>
>> http://gnuman.com/distros/sabayon_3.25_32bit_.html
>>

> Here's my personal review.
> Thumbs down, for now.  (At least for use on my laptop).
>
> While I like the 3.2a CD Mini Edition, the 3.25c DVD has a couple of
> major problems that make it a non-starter for me:
>
> With the 3.2a CD, my Intel 3945abg wireless works without a hitch
> after manually starting ipw3945d.
>
> With the 3.25c DVD, while the ipw3945d gets started automatically,
> the card fails to work.  Killing and restarting ipw3945d does nothing.
>
> With the  3.2a CD, the beryl desktop is very fast and stable on
> my Intel Graphics.
>
> With the 3.25c DVD, the mouse occasionally lags and has takes about
> 5 seconds to catch up.  This appears to be related to the new menu
> thing.

I've been having troubles with the DVDs, too. Not like yours. Mine fail
to boot completely. The last 2 releases failed to work, but the CDs,
written on the same drive, work OK. The drive reads OK.

I haven't totally ruled the drive out yet, though. I'll get another and
test it before I pass judgement. The drive reads DVDs OK. But I'm not
sure on the writing yet.

The CDs have worked pretty good here. Everything worked on the machine
I put it on.

--
C:\WINDOWS\RUN C:\WINDOWS\CRASH C:\ME\FDISK